If you’re looking for a slightly healthier alternative to chocolate chip cookies, you’ve got to try these!!! They are amazingly delicious!
Eva’s Irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookies (1 dozen)
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp. ground vanilla
- 2 tbsp. ghee**
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk, to break up any clumps. (Almond flour, coconut palm sugar, sea salt, and baking soda).
- Add the ghee and the almond milk. (You can melt the ghee if its solid, but it’s not entirely necessary. It will melt from the heat of your hand when mixing). Mix together with your hands. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Add the chocolate chips and with your hands incorporate them in the dough.
- Use a tablespoon to form little balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to press down on the balls of dough to get a flat cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!!
* I find using a fine almond flour works better for cookies and baking in general. The texture is less grainy and you can’t really tell it’s almond flour. I use the JK Gourmet almond flour, which should be found in most health food stores.
** I used homemade ghee (clarified butter) in this recipe, but you can use coconut oil, butter or any vegan alternative you prefer.